VCI Powders 4201
Corrosion Protection of boilers, pressure vessels, heat exchangers and other process plant equipment is a difficult task as dry removable protection is required without impacting the heat or thermal transfer properties of the equipment and yet protect hollow spaces from the wrath of corrosion.
Laying up of these hollow components can be achieved by spraying or fogging with VCI powder using air spray or compressed air or by placing the powder and rolling the component Laying up of these hollow components can be achieved by spraying or fogging with VCI powder using air spray or compressed air or by placing the powder and rolling the component The vapor corrosion inhibitor powder evaporates slowly and reaches hard to reach areas within the component and protects in the long term from corrosion development It is important to form a sealed atmosphere as much as is achievable The VCI Crystalline Powder conforms to MIL-I-22110 specifications
- Protects a wide range of multi-metals from copper, lead, tin, ferrous, zinc plating etc.
- Depending on the sealed packaging, protection should last up to 36-48 months.
- Also protects the areas hard to reach such as drilled holes, crevices etc.
- Easy to handle and use.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Free from hazardous chemicals such as nitrites, phosphates, silicates etc.
- VCI layer is self-replenishing and replenishes itself when package is re-closed after opening for inspection or such other purpose.
- Due to its powdery form, It is easy to fog and cover the areas which are hard to reach
- These Can be placed within heat transfer equipment tubes as well as equipment which is hollow and needs corrosion protection.
- The inhabiting VCI molecules act by saturating the inside of the equipment and provide long-lasting and constants sublimation until the equipment is put use and these are washed away.